NMR84 Radar Tank Gauge
The NMR84 Radar Tank Gauge (RTG), with an accuracy rate of ±0.5 mm and ideally suited for stilling well applications in custody transfers, is used for high accuracy, continuous, non-contact level measurement in bulk liquid storage tanks.
- Related Products
Accuracy Approved for Custody Transfer
NMT84 RTG, with an accuracy level of ±0.5mm (0.02″), uses the drip-off planar antenna for stilling well applications. The drip-off planar antenna eliminates problems caused by condensation, and is designed for high accuracy liquid level measurement in storage and process applications.
Touch Screen Operations
Easy onsite operation using built-in touch control display without having to open the enclosure. It also has a user friendly operating menu.
Each radar gauge is approved for use in explosion hazardous areas to FM, IEC Ex and ATEX standards. It is also SIL 2 and SIL 3 certified.
- SIL2 and SIL3 certified (Min, Max, Continuous level)
- Up to 6 SIL relay outputs
- Measures liquid level to an accuracy of ±0.5 mm (0.02 in)
- Wetted parts are completely separated from the electronic circuit
- Wide range of output signals including V1, MODBUS RS-485, HART protocol
- Tank top mounting as small as 4″/DN100 flange
- Interfaces to FuelsManager via the 8130 Remote Terminal Unit or 8300 series TankGate
- Integration of HART instrumentation for temperature, water level, pressure, and overfill prevention sensor
- Suitable for atmospheric and high pressure applications up to 25 bar/2.5 MPa (362 psi)
- Robust IP66/68, NEMA Type 4x/6P enclosure
- Direct connection of spot or average temperature sensor
- Simplified installation and trouble-free operations due to easy connection to major DCS systems via open protocols
- Approved for use in explosion-hazardous areas
- User-friendly operating menu (multi-lingual)
- Weights & Measure-approved for use in custody transfer applications
- Unique drip-off antenna design eliminates measurement error due to condensation build-up.
- Housing with electronics: approx. 12 kg (26 lb)
- Sensor and process connection: 8.5 to 43 kg (19 to 95 lb); dependent on the device version
• Housing: Aluminum
• Antenna and Process Connection:
• 316L: Flange, Housing Adapter, Sensor Adapter, Antenna Retaining Ring, Antenna Extension
• PTFE: Planar Antenna
• FKM/HNBR/FFKM: Sealing Ring
• Rated IP66/68, NEMA Type 4x/6P enclosure
- NPS ASME B16.5, 150 lb, 4″ to 10″
- NPS ASME B16.5, 300 lb, 4″ to 8″
- DN100/DN150, PN10/16 B1 and PN25/40 B1
- DN200/DN250, PN16 B1
- DN200 PN25 B1
- UNI flange DN150/6″/150, max PN1/ Cl.14.5/1K, suitable for DN150 PN10/16, NPS 6″ Cl.150, 10K 150
- UNI flange DN200/8″/200, max PN1/ Cl.14.5/1K, suitable for DN200 PN10/16, NPS 8″ Cl.150, 10K 200
- UNI flange DN250/10″/250, max PN1/ Cl.14.5/1K, suitable for DN250 PN10/16, NPS 10″ Cl.150, 10K 250
- UNI flange DN300/12″/300, max PN1/ Cl.14.5/1K, suitable for DN300 PN10/16, NPS 12″ Cl.150, 10K 300
- Device: -40 to +60°C (-40 to +140°F)
- Display Module: -20 to +70°C (-4 to
• MODBUS RS485
• 4-20mA HART Ex d/XP, RTD input
• 4-20mA HART Ex i/IS, RTD input
Calibration Range: 30 m (98 ft)
Maximum Range: Depending upon configuration choices
0.8 to 20 m (2.6 to 66 ft)
0.8 to 30 m (2.6 to 98 ft)
0.8 to 40 m (2.6 to 131 ft)
FM, IEC Ex and ATEX approvals
See specifications document for more information.
Approvals & Certifications
FM, IEC Ex and ATEX approvals
SIL2 and SIL 3 certifications
- High voltage type: 85 to 264 VAC, 50/60 Hz, 28.8 VA
- Low voltage type: In preparation
- Modbus RS485
- 4-20mA HART Ex d/XP, RTD input
- 4-20mA HART Ex i/IS, RTD input
Secondary I/O Analogue
- Ex d/XP, 1x 4-20mA HART, 1x RTD input
- Ex d/XP, 2x 4-20mA HART, 2x RTD input
- Ex i/IS, 1x 4-20mA HART, 1x RTD input
- Ex i/IS, 2x 4-20mA HART, 2x RTD input
- 1x Ex i/IS 4-20mA HART, 2x RTD input + 1x Ex d/XP 4-20mA HART
Secondary I/I Digital Ex D/XP
- 2x relay / 2x module discrete
- 4x relay / 4x module discrete
- 6x relay / 6x module discrete
- Modbus RS485
- Modbus RS485 + 2x relay / 2x module discrete
- Modbus RS485 + 4x relay / 4x module discrete
Transmitter Aluminum, coated, process 316/316L
- Thread M20, IP66/68 NEMA Type 4X/6P Encl
- Thread M25, IP66/68 NEMA Type 4X/6P Encl.
- Thread G1/2, IP66/68 NEMA Type 4X/6P Encl.
- Thread G3/4, IP66/68 NEMA Type 4X/6P Encl.
- Thread NPT1/2, IP66/68 NEMA Type 4X/6P Encl.
- Thread NPT3/4, IP66/68 NEMA Type 4X/6P Encl.
- Planar 100mm/4″
- Planar 150mm/6″
- Planar 200mm/8″
- Planar 250mm/10″
- Planar 300mm/12″
Contact Varec for more information or see technical specifications.
Parts and Accesories