FMR62 Radar Tank Gauge
The FMR62 Radar Tank Gauge (RTG) is designed for 80GHz level measurement in aggressive liquids or applications with hygiene requirements.
- Related Products
Accurately Measure Your Inventory
FMR62 RTG, with an accuracy level of ±1mm (0.04″), is a 2-wire technology that reduces tank wiring costs and allows easy implementation into existing systems. With its non-contact measurement, the tank’s top is almost independent from product properties.
Touch Screen Operations
Easy onsite operation using built-in touch control display without having to open the enclosure. It also has a user friendly operating menu.
The FMR62 has Bluetooth® wireless technology for for commissioning, operation, and maintenance via free iOS/Android app SmartBlue, with optional BT10 Bluetooth module.
Each radar gauge is approved for use in explosion hazardous areas to ATEX, FM, CSA, TIIS, NEPSi, INMETRO, JPN and IECEx standards. They are also SIL 2 and SIL 3 rated for overfill prevention.
- 2-wire technology: Reduces on tank wiring costs and allows easy implementation into existing systems
- Non-contact measurement: Tank top is almost independent from product properties.
- Integrated PEEK antenna or PTFE-plated, flush-mounted antenna
- Standard range to 262 ft (80 m)
- Access historic data from device integrated memory (HistoROM) and transfer configuration setting from device to device.
- Easy commissioning and diagnostics using Windows® based software
- HART protocol.
- High temperatures: Suitable for process temperatures from -40°C (-40°F), up to 200°C (392°F)
- Pressure: -1 to +25 bar (-14.5 to +362.6 psi)
- Approved for use in explosive hazardous locations
- Optional remote display (FHX50)
Measuring distance up to 0.8 m (2.62 ft): max. ±4 mm (±0.16 in) – digital, ±0.03% analog
Measuring distance > 0.8 m (2.62 ft): ±1 mm (±0.04 in), digital, ±0.02% analog
Non-repeatability – ≤ 1 mm (0.04 in)
- 2-wire; 4-20mA HART: < 0.9 W
- 2-wire; 4-20mA HART, switch output:< 0.9 W
- 2-wire; 4-20mA HART, 4-20mA: < 2 x 0.7 W
Nominal current: 3.6 to 22mA. The start-up current for multidrop mode can be parametrized
(is set to 3.6mA on delivery)
Breakdown signal (NAMUR NE43): adjustable: 3.59 to 22.5mA
+24 °C (+75 °F) ±5° F (±9° C)
960 mbar abs. (14 psia) ±100 mbar (±1.45 psi)
2.7 – 7.4 kg (5.95 – 16.31 lb) plus flange weight
Degree of protection:
- With closed housing tested according to:
- IP68, NEMA6P (24 h at 1.83 m under water surface)
- For plastic housing with transparent cover (display module): IP68 (24h at 1.00 m under
- IP66, NEMA4X
- With open housing: IP20, NEMA1
- Display module: IP22, NEMA2
- Housing GT18: 316L, corrosion resistant
- Housing GT19: plastic
- Housing GT20: aluminium, seawater repellent, powder coated
IP 68 (NEMA 6P)
Unit: -40 °F and +176 °F (-40 °C and +80 °C)
Display: -4 °F and +158 °F (-20 °C and +70 °C)
Approx. 80 GHz, up to 8 devices can be installed in the same tank
FM, ATEX, IEC Ex, or NEPSI
Approvals and Certifications
FM, CSA, ATEX, IECEx, NEPSi, KC, INMETRO, JPN, and TIIS
- FKM Viton GLT, –40 to 200 °C (–40 to 392 °F) (with or without gas-tight feed through)
- FFKM Kalrez, –20 to 200 °C (–4 to 392 °F) (with or without gastight feed through)
- PTFE cladded, –40 to 200 °C (–40 to 392 °F) (with or without gastight feed through)
- Integrated, PEEK, 3/4″
- Integrated, PEEK, 1-1/2″
- PTFE cladded flush mount DN50/2″
- PTFE cladded flush mount DN80/3″
- Thread: ISO228 G3/4, ISO228 G1-1/2, ANSI MNPT3/4, ANSI MNPT1-1/2: 316L
- Tri-Clamp ISO2852 DN40-51 (2″), ISO2852 DN70-76.1 (3″), ISO2852 DN101.6 (4″)
- NPS Cl.150, PTFE > 316/316L; 2″, 3″, 4″, 6″
- NPS 4″ Cl.300, PTFE > 316/316L
- PN10/16, PTFE > 316L; DN50, DN80, DN100, SN150
- 10K, PTFE > 316L; 50A, 80A, 100A, 150A
- DIN11851 PN25 slotted nut, PTFE > 316L; DN50, DN80
- DN, & RF
Metric, NPT, G