TECHNICAL SUPPORT PLANS
24 hours a day, seven days a week.
Varec’s Technical Support Center staff provides expert advice, troubleshooting and assistance, as well as remote systems diagnosis, 24 hours a day, seven days a week. A support contract ensures Varec’s technical and application support team are accessible to guide you through the problem you are facing, every step of the way.
We provide support not only for our FuelsManager® application, we provide support for the customer’s entire system. Support personnel know and understand the operating system, SQL server, gauges, remote terminal units, communications devices and more. The team is prepared to assist with troubleshooting all aspects of the system and get it back online with minimal downtime.
Standard and premium technical support plans are available for the latest software versions running on supported operating systems, servers, and browsers. Extended support plans for older versions may be available, but will be subject to an additional charge. For customers electing not to purchase a technical support plan, assistance is available on a pay-per-call basis.
Our standard plan renews annually and provides technical help desk support for the solutions and systems provided by Varec. Standard technical help desk support includes:
- Investigating and troubleshooting software and hardware integrated within the Varec provided system
- Software – FuelsManager, VeRTUe, Custom Development, and other 3rd party software, i.e. Kepware
- Hardware – RTUs, PLCs, Presets, DCUs, CIUs, and DETs
- Field Instrumentation – Tank Gauges, Transmitters, Flow Meters, Probes and Sensors
- Peripherals – Serial to Ethernet Converters, Printers, Network Hubs, and Routers
- Returning previously functioning systems back to a normal functional state using the customer’s available spares and database backups.
- Does not include updating operating systems or databases.
- Does not include creating new or updating existing configurations.
- Does not include rebuilding/reinstalling the system if a customer backup is not available.
- Direct access to our help desk personnel 24/7 via our toll-free telephone, e-mail, fax or website.
- Without a support agreement, up to 15 minutes of free support is available per issue.
- Per call support is available with a minimum of two hours
Our premium support plan renews annually and includes the following benefits:
- All of the benefits offered under the Standard Support Plan.
- Access to new releases of FuelsManager software at a 50% discount off the current price list.
- Paid customizations done in previous versions are not included in the software upgrade. Additional engineering services may be required to port or otherwise transfer previous customizations to a newer FuelsManager release.
- Dedicated account manager.
- Access to industry experts for engineering consultation, i.e. new configurations, review drawings, discuss upcoming projects to define scope, and virtual site assessments.
Extended Support and Business Consultancy Services
For services not covered under our standard or premium support programs, we offer extended support, specific application support and business consultancy services. These services can include analysis and review of existing business processes, site surveys, instrument selection, project planning and administration, customized training programs, on-site troubleshooting and diagnostics, systems integration, custom communications interfaces and customized displays and reports. These services are billed on a time and materials basis.