FMR52 Radar Tank Gauge
The FMR52 Radar Tank Gauge (RTG), with an accuracy rate of ±2 mm and ideally suited for inventory control applications, is used for continuous, non-contact level measurement in bulk liquid storage tanks.
- Related Products
Accurately Measure Your Inventory
The FMR52 RTG uses 26 GHz band microwaves to measure liquids to an accuracy of ± 2 mm (0.08″). Changing process conditions inside your tank, such as temperature changes, gas blankets, pressures or vapors, have negligible effect on radar measurement.
Touch Screen Operations
Easy onsite operation using built-in touch control display without having to open the enclosure. A remote display is also available so that you can read and operate the gauge from the tank side.
Simple Device-to-Device Configuration
When setting up your system, the HistoROM module can be used to quickly transfer configuration settings from one gauge to the next. It can also be used to access historic data from device integrated memory.
Each radar gauge is approved for use in explosion hazardous areas to ATEX, FM, CSA, TIIS and IECEx standards. They are also SIL 2 and SIL 3 rated for overfill prevention.
- 2-wire technology: Reduces on tank wiring costs and allows easy implementation into existing systems.
- Non-contact measurement: Tank top is almost independent from product properties.
- For applications in aggressive liquids, offers extraordinary advantages with its completely PTFE-filled and flush-mounted 2″ and 3″ (50 mm and 80 mm) horn antenna.
- Standard range to 131 ft (40 m), 60m (197ft) for enhanced dynamics.
- Easy onsite operation using built-in touch control display without opening enclosure (or optional push button display with cover removed).
- Access historic data from device integrated memory (HistoROM) and transfer configuration setting from device to device.
- Easy commissioning and diagnostics using Windows® based software.
- HART, PROFIBUS PA or FOUNDATION Fieldbus protocols.
- Temperature: -40 to +200°C (-40 to +392°F).
- Pressure: -1 to +16bar (-14.5 to +232psi).
- Maximum measuring range: 40m (131ft), 60m (197ft) for enhanced dynamics.
- Approved for use in explosive hazardous locations.
- Integrated over voltage protection.
- SIL 2 approved for overspill protection system applications or SIL 3 for standalone applications.
- Optional remote display (FHX50).
Maximum Measured Error
Standard Range Digital: ± 2 mm (0.08″) plus ±0.02 % of analog value
Extended Range Digital: ± 3 mm (0.12″) plus ±0.02 % of analog value
min. 60 mW, max. 900 mW
HART: 3.6 to 22 mA,
PROFIBUS PA: max. 14 mA
FOUNDATION Fieldbus: max. 15 mA
4 – 8 kg (9 – 18 lb) plus antenna
IP 66, NEMA 4X
(IP20, NEMA 1 with open housing)
Housing GT18: 316L, stainless steel
Housing GT19: plastic
Housing GT20: aluminium, seawater repellent,
IP 68 (NEMA 6P)
Cable gland: M20x1,5 (for EEx d: cable entry)
Cable entry: G ½ or ½ NPT
PROFIBUS PA M12 plug
Fieldbus Foundation 7/8″ plug
Unit: -40 °F and +176 °F (-40 °C and +80 °C)
Display: -4 °F and +158 °F (-20 °C and +70 °C)
K-band, Up to 8 devices can be installed in the same tank
– er 1.9 in free-field applications
– er 1.4 in stilling well
See specifications document for more information.
Approvals & Certifications
FM, CSA, ATEX, IECEx, NEPSi, and TIIS
Antenna & Seals
Various sizes and material types
Threaded, Tri-clamp, ISO, DN, RF, NIPS
Gas-tight feed through
HART, PROFIBUS, and Foundation Fieldbus
Metric, NPT, G
Over 20 national languages available
Contact Varec for more information.
Parts and Accesories